For Indre Rockefeller, Moda Operandi’s Director of Ready to Wear, putting together a party look is a much required and much practised skill. Be it Delpozo at the Met Ball or Stella McCartney at a Moma party, Rockefeller has the statement yet sophisticated party look down pat. Here, she talks us through her approach for this coming party season.
Indre Rockefeller on how to dress for a Party…
This is such a great season for putting together fun party looks. I tend to gravitate towards pieces that have a special or unexpected touch about them but are still easy to wear. I usually choose between my dress and my accessories as the statement piece of the look and avoid competition between the two. I will pair a boldly printed dress with a pair of nude pumps or add a statement shoe to an understated dress. I always describe my style as mood-dependent and this definitely applies to party dressing!
1. I love this two-piece Valli dress for an elegant evening affair. The high neck is a nice touch with swept-up hair and a simple strappy black shoe.
2. For a truly black-tie event one of my go-to designers is Delpozo. In fact, Josep Font adapted my Met Gala dress from his design for this gown. The impeccable construction and beautiful saturated colors here make it a truly statement-making red carpet gown.
3. I have a weakness for whimsical elements in my clothes and accessories and ready-to-wear designer Vika Gazinskaya is a master at this. Her cloud-printed flounce dress would be so much fun to wear to a cocktail party.
Pictures – ALL PRODUCTS AVAILABLE ON MODA OPERANDI
1. Indre Rockefeller preparing for Met Ball in Delpozo
2. Indre (In Stella McCartney) and Justin Rockefeller at Moma’s Party in the Garden 2013
3. Indre Rockefeller in Rosie Assoulin at the New York Public Libaray’s Lions Gala
4. GIAMBATISTA VALLI WOOL BLEND FLORAL DRESS
5. DELPOZO TWO TONE GOWN WITH RUCHED BODICE AND OPEN BACK
6. VIKA GAZINSKAYA IVORY FITTED FLOUNCE DRESS
Follow Kotur on your favorite social sites for the latest design trends, celebrity sightings, brand content and more. Tell us what inspires you!